Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They will form a legal basis between yourself as a participant (the Participant) and Active Company vzw and its delegated people (the Organisation) for participation in activities of the Antwerp Brilliant Games (ABG19). By enrolling you declare to have read the terms and conditions below and aggree to them.
Als u deze algemene voorwaarden aanvaardt, bevestigt u ook voldoende de taal van de algemene voorwaarden te beheersen.
Si vous acceptez ces termes et conditions, vous confirmez également que vous comprennez assez bien la langue des termes et conditions.
Wenn Sie diese allgemeinen Bedingungen akzeptieren, bestätigen Sie ebenfalls, dass Sie die Sprache der allgemeinen Bedingungen ausreichend verstehen.
- ABG19 takes place from 31 October until 03 November 2019.
- The official ABG19 website is http://www.antwerpbrilliantgames.be. Information on this site takes precedence over any other communication channel.
Registration and Payments
- Registrations are made online and require a valid and unique email address. All registrations are individual, except for rugby teams. Rugby team captains can register their entire team..
- Online registration is open from 1 June 2019 until 18 October 2019, unless the maximum number of participants for an activity is reached before the closing date. Or if the tournament directors decide otherwise.
- Registration is only complete when we have received your complete payment.
- Payments have to be done online (via Mollie), except for rugby.
- For the rugby tournament payment processing is delegated to Straffe Ketten vzw and following rules apply. All banking costs are at the expense of the Participant. All payments must be completed within 10 days. If your payment is not on the provided bank account within 10 days after the registration, we may remove your registration. This rule will particularly be enforced once the maximum number of participants is reached and a waiting list is put to life. After 1 October 2019 payments must be completed within 5 days.
- The minimum age for participation to any of the tournaments is 18 years. Underage participants can be admitted if the Organisation has received a written permission from the parents or legal guarding of the Participant to take part in the tournament and if the Organisation approves it. For swimming, the minimum age is 20 years on 31 December 2019.
- The Participant must fill in all necessary information truthfully. Failure to do so may result in removal or repositioning of the registration. The Organization can cancel any registration which does not meet the registration conditions or which seems unacceptable.
- Eventual modifications to existing registrations should be made via the official website with your registration ID before the registration closing date. They are only official when confirmed. Unclear requests will be handled with a lower priority.
- When the maximum number of participants for an activity is reached its registration will be closed. You can contact the tournament director to check if additional places come available. Additional participants will be allocated based on the registration date.
- The Organisation does not take any responsibility in case the Participant books overlapping activities
- A refund will be given in the event of cancellation prior to 1 September 2019. Cancelations from 1 September 2019 until 30 September will only allow 50% refund. A refund after 1 October 2019 is not possible.
- The cancelation fee for any full or partial cancelation is 5€.
- The Organisation cannot be held responsible for registrations, indicated deals, reservations, unavailability or payments made between the Participant and the Organisation's associated partners or sponsors (examples: hotel reservations, car rentals, flight bookings, ...).
- The Organization and the tournament directors can delegate certain assignments to officials, such as referees.
- All decisions made by the Organization, the tournament directors or the officials are final, and no appeal is possible.
- Specific rules and regulations apply for each sports tournament and figure will be published on the website.
- Specific conditions of use are imposed by the venues and facilities of ABG19.
- The Participant will comply to these rules, regulations and conditions and to all instructions given by the Organization, the tournament directors or the qualified officials during the tournaments.
- Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions can result in immediate disqualification from tournament competitions and/or from the ABG19.
- Taking part in any of the tournaments events of ABG19 is limited to registered Participants only. The Participant must be able to show his or her registration badge on any request from the Organization, the tournament directors or the qualified officials.
- The Organization and tournament directors can re-classify a Participant to a different level, category or other classification, without explanation, when they suspect the selected level, category or other classification of the Participant is inappropriate. The Organization and tournament directors can also eliminate or combine levels, categories or other classifications at their own discretion.
- Individual Participants registered for a team sport will be appointed to a team by the Organization or the tournament direction. Personal preference will be taken into account, but is not guaranteed.
- The Organization and the tournament directors reserve the right to cancel or postpone the ABG19 events, to change venues and/or to change timetables of events. Participants will be notified of any changes as soon as possible.
- The Participant agrees that medical personnel may perform first aid and medical treatment as deemed necessary, including specialised medical care in hospitals or health care institutions.
- The Participant is in agreement with the regulations on banned substances as published by the International Olympic Committee. Failure to comply will result in disqualification
- People who identify themselves as transgender may compete in their transitioned gender by providing proof of undergoing medical treatment for at least two years, or completed gender reassignment through surgery. In case the athlete wants to register in the gender of his/her passport, no additional documentation is required. . If your gender is not on the list you can select ‘X’, except for the swimming and tennis competition that are bound to federation rules for this matter.
- The Participant affirms that he/she is fully familiar with the sporting activity for which he/she registers for the ABG19, has adequate experience and is informed about the involved risks.
- The Participant declares that he/she is sufficiently physically fit and in a healthy state required to participate and is not aware of any serious medical condition that would prevent him/her from participating in these physical activities. To avoid doubt, it is agreed that a "HIV-positive" diagnosis as such is not a "serious medical condition" for the purposes of this clause.
- The Organization cannot be held responsible for any accident, theft, material or physical damage incurred by participants during the tournament. All participants must be properly insured for all activities including hosted housing during the period of the ABG19, either as individuals or through their clubs. The Organization has no obligations in this respect.
- Any claims against the Organization and/or the associated organizing venues must be made in writing. Any claim should be made instantly and in writing within 7 days after the incident
- Any act or transaction of and/or with the Organization falls only under Belgian law and jurisdiction, excluding any other jurisdiction. In case of a conflict with the Organization only Belgian law is applicable, and the sole place of jurisdiction is Antwerp.
- In the case of loss or theft of the official ABG19 badge, a new badge can be obtained upon payment of the price of the remaining event(s).
- Every Participant grants the absolute right and permission to the Organization to use one's name, voice, photograph, image, video or film in the context of the ABG19 sports activities and festivities in any but discrete manner and in any media, at any time for any lawful purpose, without preceding inspection or approval by the Participant.
- The Participant will not compete nor intervene with the rights of the sponsors of ABG19.
- The purpose of the sales of the official ABG2019 sports shirt is for the benefit of the good cause (Out For The Win vzw), as described on our website. Therefore the official ABG19 sportw shirt cannot be returned nor refunded. The same goes for gadgets. The Organisation will however do its best do accommodate preferences where possible.
- The Participant agrees that personal information collected during the registration may be stored for the purposes of future communication and newsletters by the Organization and Active Company vzw. Each participant can review the stored data on our website by logging in to his/her profile. The stored information will, under no circumstances, be used for commercial purposes or transferred to third parties. All stored data will be deleted upon request by the Participant.
Provisions mentioned below apply if the Participant opts for the service 'Hosted Housing'.
- The Organisation does not offer the service Hosted Housing.
- The Organisation does not take any responsibility if hosted housing is organised on private initiative between Participants.
Enjoy your Antwerp Brilliant Games 2019.