lease read these Terms and Conditions carefully. They will form a legal basis between yourself as participant (the Participant) and Active Company vzw and its delegated people (the Organization) for participation in activities of the Antwerp Brilliant Games (ABG17). By enrolling you declare to have read the terms and conditions below and agree to them.
- ABG17 takes place from 02 until 05 November 2017.
- The official ABG17 website is http://www.antwerpbrilliantgames.be. Information on this site takes precedence over any other communication channel.
Registration and Payments
- Registrations are made online and require a valid and unique email address. All registrations are individual, except for volleyball teams. Volleyball team captains can register their entire team.
- Online registration is open from 1 June 2017 until 21 October 2017, unless the maximum number of participants for an activity is reached before the closing date. Or if the tournament directors decide otherwise.
- Your registration is only final when payment is complete and confirmed by the Organization.
- All payments must be completed within 10 days. If your payment is not on the provided bank account within 10 days after the registration, we may remove your registration. This rule will particularly be enforced once the maximum number of participants is reached for an activity and a waiting list is put to life. After 1 October 2017 payments must be made immediately within 3 days.
- All payments must be done by bank wire transfer to our bank account, as detailed on the registration confirmation. All banking costs are at the expense of the Participant.
- The minimum age for participation to any of the tournaments is 18 years. Underage participants can be admitted if the Organization has received a written permission from the parents or legal guarding of the Participant to take part in the tournament and if the Organization approves it. For swimming, the minimum age is 20 years on 31 December 2017.
- The Participant must fill in all necessary information truthfully. Failure to do so may result in removal or repositioning of the registration. The Organization can cancel any registration which does not meet the registration conditions or which seems unacceptable.
- Eventual modifications to existing registrations should be made via the official website with your registration ID before the registration closing date. They are only official when confirmed. Unclear requests will be handled with a lower priority.
- When the maximum number of participants for an activity is reached, you will be informed by the Organization that your registration will be on hold. When additional places come available, additional participants will be allocated based on the registration date.
- A full refund will be given in the event of cancellation prior to 1 September 2017. Cancellations from 1 September 2017 until 31 September will only allow 50 % refund. A refund after 1 October 2017 is not possible.
- The Organization cannot be held responsible for registrations, reservations or payments made between the Participant and the Organization's associated partners (examples: hotel reservations, car rentals, flight bookings, ...)
- The Organization and the tournament directors can delegate certain assignments to officials, such as referees.
- All decisions made by the Organization, the tournament directors or the officials are final, and no appeal is possible.
- Specific rules and regulations apply for each sports tournament and figure will be published on the website.
- Specific conditions of use are imposed by the venues and facilities of ABG17.
- The Participant will comply to these rules, regulations and conditions and to all instructions given by the Organization, the tournament directors or the qualified officials during the tournaments.
- Failure to comply with the Terms and Conditions can result in immediate disqualification from tournament competitions and/or from the ABG17.
- Taking part in any of the tournaments events of ABG17 is limited to registered Participants only. The Participant must be able to show his or her registration badge on any request from the Organization, the tournament directors or the qualified officials.
- The Organization and tournament directors can re-classify a Participant to a different level, category or other classification, without explanation, when they suspect the selected level, category or other classification of the Participant is inappropriate. The Organization and tournament directors can also eliminate or combine levels, categories or other classifications at their own discretion.
- Individual Participants registered for a team sport will be appointed to a team by the Organization or the tournament direction. Personal preference will be taken into account, but is not guaranteed.
- The Organization and the tournament directors reserve the right to cancel or postpone the ABG17 events, to change venues and/or to change timetables of events. Participants will be notified of any changes as soon as possible.
- The Participant agrees that medical personnel may perform first aid and medical treatment as deemed necessary, including specialised medical care in hospitals or health care institutions.
- The Participant is in agreement with the regulations on banned substances as published by the International Olympic Committee. Failure to comply will result in disqualification
- People who identify themselves as transgender may compete in their transitioned gender by providing proof of undergoing medical treatment for at least two years, or completed gender reassignment through surgery. In case the athlete wants to register in the gender of his/her passport, no additional documentation is required.
- The Participant affirms that he/she is fully familiar with the sporting activity for which he/she registers for the ABG17, has adequate experience and is informed about the involved risks.
- The Participant declares that he/she is sufficiently physically fit and in a healthy state required to participate and is not aware of any serious medical condition that would prevent him/her from participating in these physical activities. To avoid doubt, it is agreed that a "HIV-positive" diagnosis as such is not a "serious medical condition" for the purposes of this clause.
- The Organization cannot be held responsible for any accident, theft, material or physical damage incurred by participants during the tournament. All participants must be properly insured for all activities including hosted housing during the period of the ABG17, either as individuals or through their clubs. The Organization has no obligations in this respect.
- Any claims against the Organization and/or the associated organizing venues must be made in writing. Any claim should be made instantly and in writing within 7 days after the incident
- Any act or transaction of and/or with the Organization falls only under Belgian law and jurisdiction, excluding any other jurisdiction. In case of a conflict with the Organization only Belgian law is applicable, and the sole place of jurisdiction is Antwerp.
- In the case of loss or theft of the official ABG17 badge, a new badge can be obtained upon payment of the price of the remaining event(s).
- Every Participant grants the absolute right and permission to the Organization to use one's name, voice, photograph, image, video or film in the context of the ABG17 sports activities and festivities in any but discrete manner and in any media, at any time for any lawful purpose, without preceding inspection or approval by the Participant.
- The Participant will not compete nor intervene with the rights of the sponsors of ABG17.
- The Participant agrees that his/her personal information collected during the registration may be stored for the purposes of future communication and newsletters by the Organization and Active Company vzw. Each participant can review the stored data on our website by logging in to his/her profile. The stored information will, under no circumstances, be used for commercial purposes or transferred to third parties.
Provisions mentioned below apply if the Participant opts for the service 'Hosted Housing'.
- The Organization mediates between Applicant of hosted housing (hereafter referred to as 'Applicant') and host of a place to sleep (hereafter referred to as 'Host'). The number of places to sleep in hosted housing depends on the availability of places to sleep. It is possible that the Organization cannot guarantee hosted housing.
- The Organization offers a place to sleep in a hosted house with use of sanitary facilities (hereafter referred to as 'Hosted House'), for Friday night 3 November 2017 up to and including Saturday night 04 November 2017. For tennis this will be from Thursday 2 November onwards.
- Applications can only be submitted by completing a registration on the official website. Any other form of application cannot be handled. Hence, hosted housing is only available for participants with a valid registration number.
- Requests for hosted housing with partner and other preferences can be made known at the time of registration, but the Organization cannot guarantee that all requests and preferences will be fulfilled.
- If you bring your partner, he/she will have to register for at least one event on the official website.
- All hosted housing is in the city of Antwerp or in the Greater Antwerp Region, within approximately one hour travel time from the centre of the city of Antwerp when using public transport. Priority will be given according to the payment date and the distance of the participant's city to Antwerp.
- The Organization asks a small contribution towards the costs of mediation for hosted housing. This contribution will be used to thank the Host.
- Applications for a Hosted House are handled on order of entry. If we have not received your payment before 1 October 2017 we have the right to ignore your application.
- The Applicant will be informed whether or not a Host was found.
- The Applicant has to get in touch with his/her Host within seven days after receiving the contact information. Applicant and Host regulate lengthening of the stay, time of arrival and departure information and all remaining matters themselves.
- If a host withdraws the offer, the Organization will inform the Applicant and will try to find a replacement.
- The Applicant is responsible for all transport to and from the Hosted House.
- The Applicant is obliged to follow the house rules of the Host. If the Applicant does not follow the house rules, the Host has the right to refuse the Applicant access to the Hosted House.
- The Applicant is personally responsible for all damage that he/she causes during his/her stay in the Hosted House.
- By enrolling the Applicant declares to have read the rules above and agrees to them.
Enjoy your Antwerp Brilliant Games 2017.